Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WIP

We have a saying in the quilting word - Work in Progress or WIP. This is one of my WIP's. I have it all cut out and laid out on the guest bed in my sewing room. And here it will stay until I begin to sew it together.
I like to lay my quilts out and then leave them laid out. This way I can get a sense for the color scheme or the layout. When I walk by a WIP I can see how it looks in different light, when I am tired, or when I am rushing by. Sometimes I change something but most of the time I just leave it the way I first laid it out.

This quilt will be for my niece. She picked out the fabric from my stash. I actually had a different pattern in mind but I didn't realize that I had cut it out wrong until I was done. I don't think she will mind.

The problem with WIP's that are laid out like this is that you really can't work on anything else until there done. I have no where else to cut things. I have no where else to put things. And I have no where else for any guests to sleep. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the intended guest!

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Very cute! I have several works in progress!

    ReplyDelete