Monday, February 1, 2010

Table Cloth Skirt

Some of you may remember by table cloth skirt fiasco. Well I tried it again. This time with better fabric. I found this fabric at the Goodwill. It was something like $4.00. Sometime later when I was showing the fabric to someone I saw that it was Amy Butler fabric. I love Amy Butler and to get a remnant of her fabric for $4.00. That is what my boys would call "awesome." So here is my second attempt at the table cloth skirt. I measured this one better, I sewed slower, and I checked the fit more. The result: a beautiful skirt. A skit to wear on a cruise, if I was ever going on one. The tutorial can be found at V. and Co.
So after some research and being told that this fabric was hard to come by I found it on the Amy Butler wesbite. In case anyone is interested here it is August Fields.

10 comments:

  1. OK - what a true find! It's one thing to find fabric at goodwill, but DESIGNER fabric!!! WOW
    The skirt looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous skirt! I love the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Amy Butler fabric at Goodwill is nothing short of amazing...how lucky! I love how your skirt turned out, your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super impressed that you found the fabric at a thrift shop...the only fabric I find there is LAME! haha! The skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that line of home dec weight fabric! You did get a steal it usually sells for 15$ a yard! I love V.s tutorials - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a steal! You made a beautiful skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bargin, that is awesome, and the skirt turned out totally cute!

    ReplyDelete