Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pieced Heart Quilt

This is the second quilt I made. I obtained the pattern from a book at the library. I wrote in my quilt journal that the quilt went together very quickly. I also wrote that I was saving it for my first baby. Little did I know at the time that I would have two boys. The boarder is made with Prairie points. I finished this quilt in 2001. This remains one of my favorite quilts. I love each one of the printed fabrics that make up the hearts. I remember I bought them in an expensive fabric store and spent hours matching them up. I have no memory of how I made this quilt. It looks like it was so difficult and time consuming. This quilt is much neater compared to my first quilt.

Since I remain the only girl in the family I have kept this quilt on a quilt rack so I can admire it.

No comments:

Post a Comment