Tuesday, October 2, 2018

New Quilting Techniques



This pattern was seen in a quilting magazine my hubby got me for my birthday. I loved the idea of trying out new quilting techniques that I learned from a recent on line machine quilting class.  I never took much care in the finishing of a quilt.  By the time I got to the sandwiching part I just wanted to be done.  But recently I have been focusing on the quilting part and this small table runner was a great way to get started.  I like how the lines give the quilt a 3-D effect.  And I love the wavy lines I made on the houses.  Unfortunately I mixed up some of the squares when piecing and didn't notice until I was done. Of course no one will notice but me.  I am proud of my work on this and that I took my time to really quilt it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment