Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Dragon Fly

This is Dazzle by Colourwerx.  I first saw this at a quilt fair and had to return to the booth several times because this quilt kept calling me.  I saved the pattern until I found the perfect jelly roll of peacock fabric.  The pattern calls for a slash and sew design which was new to me. I also had to learn to sew curves.  The pattern provides great directions and tips on this. 

The quilting was all done on my domestic machine.  This was a real labor of love. I worked on it in small sections because it was hard to maneuver through the tiny arm hole of my singer machine.  Also the batting I used was very thick (which I won't be using again) and it was so hot to have this quilt laying on my during the hot weather we have had.  I used a walking foot technique I learned in my Jacquie Gering craftsy class.  And my son took the photos with his new phone which look much better then photos on my phone.  This is going up on my wall in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment