Monday, August 17, 2009

Charm Quilts

I already laid out my next quilt. I am using the most beautiful fabric called Aviary by 3 Sisters for Moda. I bought my first charm packs a while back and I have been waiting to start using them. I laid out all the squares last night and set up the pattern. Each 5 x 5 square is more beautiful then the next. Working with the pre cut squares will be such a nice break for me since I don't have to do any cutting. And after the chain piecing technique I learned making the pirate quilt the whole thing should come together rather quickly. I didn't buy any border or backing fabric yet. I figure when I get the top piece done I can take it to the fabric store and match it up. I bought tons of these charms packs at the last quilt fair. I already have two more quilts planned after this one. Then I saw the most beautiful tote pattern on the You Can Make This website. I have never made a bag before but it is so pretty I think I may have to try. It is called Weekender-Tote. Of course I would make mine pink. When you have two boys you can never get enough pink.

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/Weekender-Tote.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment