Tuesday, February 5, 2019

BlockStep

Each year on its birthday my guild has a party complete with cake and a present for each member.  My present was the pattern BlockStep by Robin Pickens for Color and Quilt.  I used ombre fabric from V and Co.  This fabric is to die for.  It is gorgeous and believe me I have saved every single scrap of it.  I will be using this fabric in every project to come for the next several months.


I bought the fabric as a jelly roll so the cutting was pretty easy.  After that it was just deciding how to put the blocks together.  I tried to stay true to the pattern and as far as where to put lights and darks.
I used my walking foot to sew straight lines at different increments along the quilt.  This echoed the pattern of the blocks and gave it a more modern feel. 
The backing was fabric I had been saving for who knows what. It was that fabric that just never got used because it was too unusual.  Well it worked perfect for this project.  The gold tones worked perfectly with the gold dots in the fabric.  Happy Birthday to the Valley Modern Quilt Guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment