Friday, December 14, 2018

Ugly Baby Quilt aka Bears in Shorts

Ever have a project you start and then just end up hating.  The fabric for this quilt was super cute.  Bears wearing shorts, cats, flowers, and other cute symbols.  The stripes were adorable.  I wanted to try the exploding square pattern from Missouri Quilting Company.  And then it was put together and I hated it.  I hid the quilt top in the bottom of a bin.  I took it out once in a while and continued to be unhappy with it.  Then I decided I had to finish all my UFOs by December 31, 2018.  And this was a UFO. I took some of the fabric to Joann's and bought backing.  I love polka dots (see the name of this blog) so I bought cute grey polka dot fabric.  As I started to quilt it I started to like it more and more.
I added some leftover squares to the back and some border fabric.  I quilted stitch in the ditch to keep it simple.  I had enough polka dot fabric to make the binding.  And now I like it. I wouldn't say I love it but I don't hate it any longer.  And I finished it. I now have a nice baby quilt or child's quilt to gift off when ready.  UFO completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment