Friday, December 14, 2018

In the Summertime

This is In the Summertime.  A block of the week by Pat Sloan. This was my first ever block of the week and I loved it. I loved checking each Wednesday to see what the new block would be.  Because each week was different. And I hate repetitive patterns so this fulfilled my desire to try something new.
I used only scraps which made this a bit challenging.  Sometimes I had to cobble pieces together to complete the block.  Other times I had to alter the pattern slightly because I ran out of one piece of fabric.  And I learned about half square triangle (HSTs) which I really don't like but now have totally mastered.
This was a very large quilt and the back is pieced with two large pieces of green fabric.  The quilting is stich in the ditch because I just couldn't stomach possibly running this quilt with my stippling.  The whole time I was making this I thought about who I would give it to.  But now I can't part with it.  It will be added to our collection of couch quilts that we use when we watch t.v.  I would take it to a picnic but I am afraid it would get dirty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment