Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Sewing with my son.

Right before school started my 13 year old son asked if he could sew with me.  I quickly set up my old machine opposite my own and gave him a charm pack to work with.  He chain pieced 99% of the quilt before it was time to go back to school.  He really got the hang of chain stitching and matching up seams.  Once school began he lost interest which was fine with me.  He had almost completed the entire top except for one border.  When November rolled around and my guild was asking for charity quits. I pulled out the top and asked him if he wanted to finish it.  He didn't so I completed the top and quilted it. 

I invited him to attend the guild meeting to present his quilt at show and tell but he was too embarrassed.  I let him know there were male quilters in the world and in fact my guild has two.  But even the enticement of a desert table could not get him to go.  Instead we faced timed when I presented the quilt to the guild and let them know who had pieced it and that we were donating it to charity.  He was very happy with that and the guild was very responsive to his efforts.  


No comments:

Post a Comment