Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blobby Blog Soft Pretzels


The boys and I made soft pretzels. The recipe was very easy and we had a lot of fun rolling and shaping. The only problem was that when the pretzels came out of the oven they looked blobby - they were big and blimpy. They looked nothing like the pretzels in the photo which looked liked real ballpark style pretzels. So I said to the boys these pretzels look blobby. When I took a picture and said it was for my blog, someone said blobby blog pretzels and the name was born.


Sweet Soft Pretzels

1 store bought pizza dough
flour
what ever fixins you want on your pretzels - salt, chopped nuts, fennel seeds, cinnamon.
Olive oil
3 tbl spoons baking soda
2 tbl coarse sugar

Place dough on floured baking sheet and roll in some fixins. Place in an oiled bowl, cover, and let rest for 1 hour. Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each into an 18 inch long rope. Loop into a pretzel. Place on an oiled sheet and let rest for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 475. Boil water and add baking soda. In batches, boil pretzels until puffed and slightly shiny, about 1 minute. Return to baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown - 10 to 15 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through.

Um, I just realized that I skipped multiple steps in this recipe. I went from rolling straight to baking. Oh well. No one seemed to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment