Thursday, December 26, 2019

Scrap Buster




Several books and blogs have reshaped what I do with my scraps.  Instead of shoving them into a bin to get tangled and creased, I now cut them down to three different sizes.  When I have a sizable amount of scraps I trim them to 2, 3, or 4 inches.  If the fabric is really special I might adjust the scrap size to save more of the fabric.  I then store them in a tin.  This was the first quilt I made using the scraps. I actually made two of them I had so many scraps.  Each tiny square was 2 inches and the center square was 6.5 inches.  These two quilts took a while as sometimes I had to wait to accumulate more scraps.  Quilters never throw anything away so these quilts were a great way to use up every bit of fabric I had.  It is also super fun to look at the scraps and remember the project they came from.



No comments:

Post a Comment