Thursday, December 26, 2019

Juki

This is Juki TL-18QVP.  She is new and she is all mine. I have sewn on a Singer Patchwork for the last several years.  Joining the guild and taking my first workshops showed me I needed a better machine.  I searched for about 6 months, trying out machines, talking to people, researching.  I finally settled on what I wanted most in a new machine - a larger throat space and the ability to do free motion quilting (FMQ).  This machine does all that.  She sews like butter and my FMQ has improved tremendously.  I love her.
Here are some example of the FMQ I can do on my new machine.  This is something my Patchwork could never do.  I don't dread FMQ anymore and I don't have to only do straight stitching any longer.
I love the ability to almost color a pattern and really make it pop by sewing around something.
I am so happy with my new machine.  I still have my Patchwork and I am proud of all the things we made together.  But having an expensive machine that is made for certain features can really change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment