Friday, May 3, 2019

French Roses

The title of this quilt is "French Roses" by Heather French.  I bought this pattern about a decade ago and never did  anything with it.  Recently I was in a quilt shop and saw a sample of the quilt.  It sparked my interest in the pattern again.  I had also been asked to make a quilt for my sister's living room.  This pattern and my new designs ideas seemed the perfect match.
I also tried my hand at some new photo angles and using props to help set the scene.  Although not visible on the pictures I did some free hand sewing using pattern paper. This was a new challenge that I did not end up enjoying.  The paper was hard to work with and it was tough to get the entire quilt into my tiny Singer Patchwork machine. I think I may stick with straight line quilting for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment