Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Summer Sewing

It was a busy summer for us.  Bar Mitzvah's and a big trip to Israel for another bar mitzvah celebration.  Summer camp and visits with family.  In between all of that I sewed up a ton of projects. 


First up was to finish a project that I had first seen at Road2CA.  This first picture is the inspiration.  The pattern is from the Simply Vintage book which can be found https://www.fatquartershop.com/simply-vintage-magazine-issue-22.



Here is my version.  I decided to omit the writing.  I really like the concept of the log cabin which is half invisible and the other half bright colors.  This pattern is very popular now.  I love to try and find where the log cabin begins.  It is sort of like an adult Ispy quilt.

 
Next up were these adorable fabric baskets.  The pattern can be found here http://quiltingdigest.com/make-little-quilted-buckets-from-leftovers-in-your-stash/ and there is a great tutorial video.
Lastly I am doing the Merry and Bright sew along with Pat Sloan.  Her first block was a house block which I decided to turn into a Halloween quilt.  Pat Sloan has tons of quilt a longs.  I did one over the summer and am now involved in two of them. I love them because each week a new block comes out.  I never get bored and it is always something new.
I also watched the entire series of Jackie Gering straight line quilting on Craftsy.  I learned so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment