Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Robot Cupcake Cake

My boys just turned 6. I always make their cake. It is a huge part of every birthday. We start discussing the cake months ahead of time. We looking at photos and talk about designs. This year the boys chose a Robot Cupcake Cake from Family Fun Magazine. This was really an easy cake to make. I made the cupcakes in advance. Then I just had to decorate using all the candy and cookies I had bought. It was a big hit with the kids. While I love birthday parties and making my kids happy I hate the aftermath of the party. Opening toy after toy and trying to put together a 100 piece toy before my child collapses into hysteria. Then having to listen to my child struggle to put together a lego toy that is supposed to be fun. There are certain toys that should really be a banned. I love legos. They are a toy that allows for creativity and can be used over and over again. What I don't like is a Lego Connect 4 game. This is a useless and impossible toy. Regular Connect 4 it just fine. Why do we have to have one made out of legos that I had to spend an hour putting together? Some toys I don't understand at all - Beyblades is one of them. You will have to look this one up if you are really curious. It is hard to explain but seems to fascinate little boys. Again, no imagination required. Thank goodness I don't have to do this again for a whole year.

No comments:

Post a Comment