Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lace Scarf

My niece and I were browsing in Malibu at some fancy stores. We saw a $200 dollar lace/fabric scarf that looked easy to reproduce. I tried to find a picture of the one I copied but I couldn't locate anything. You will just have to use your imagination. I had a cream colored skirt that already had lace on it. I bought another piece of lace at Joann's and added it. Here are some shots of the whole process. Only light sewing was required.

Here is the skirt and the lace before I started cutting.
I measured out exactly 4 inches from the hem. I marked the fabric with a fabric pen. I marked and measured around the entire skirt since the skirt was already flared and I wanted to get an exact measurement.

Here is the piece of skirt after I cut it out.

I pined everything and began to sew. I sewed two rows of straight stitches. This was just to reinforce the lace and make sure it didn't tear.

This is the finished scarf. I am waiting for my niece to send me a photo of how it looks on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment