Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quilt Diary Entry

On a recent visit to my mom's house she took me on a tour of her bathroom where several of my earlier works are displayed. I had fogotton about these little treasures so I took some photos. This first piece is a hand made applique of two ladies at a quilt shop. All the bolts of fabric came from projects that my mom and I had completed. The caption reads "Fabric Sale ...This Must Be Heaven."
This project is a California Poppy. My parents had recently gone to see the California Poppy's in bloom so when I saw this pattern at a quilt fair I had to get it. The petals were actually rolled so that they would lift off the backing making the flower look three dimensional.

I also stippled this little wall hanging. But that was before I even knew it was called stippling. I remember taking a ruler and marking out all of those lines with an erasable pen. Not bad if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment