Friday, January 8, 2010

Memory Quilt

This is my boys Memory Quilt. Well really it is my Memory Quilt. It is made up of tiny squares cut from my boys preemie clothes. I designed the pattern myself. There are squares from their hospital blankets and their bris outfits. This is the first quilt I started making when I starting quilting again. I messed up the binding and put the quilt away for a long time. After getting some suggestions from the Quilting Board I was finally able to finish the binding.
This was my first attempt at free motion quilting using a pattern that I chalked on. I hated it and did not do any more. I ended up stitching in the ditch on all the squares.

The corners are made from one of the receiving blankets the boys came home in.

This is how I finally finished the binding. I used invisible thread and a design stitch. I messed up on the binding in some places but I really needed to finish this quilt. And as it is just for me I wasn't too worried about making it perfect. I am glad it is finally finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment