Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pinwheels


The Pinwheel baby quilt is done.  I tried a couple of new things on this quilt. I put mini pinwheels in the corner.  That was rough.  When the quilt was all put together I took a picture to send to someone and when I looked at the photo I saw that one of the corner pinwheels was wrong.  I had to take it apart while it was already attached to the quilt.  Fun.

Next I tried my hand at stenciling a border.  I used a washable pen. I don't think I will be using this technique again.  My stitching was not that equal on both sides. I think to the untrained eye it will look find but I noticed all the flaws.
I stitched in the ditch and added a border. Fortunately those worked out and the baby quilt is ready for gifting. I like to think that the new mama can teach her baby about colors and shapes with this quilt.  Happy quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment