Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fun Ideas

Did I tell you that I loved Pinterest.  Well I do.  And I finally decided to make some of the projects I had been pinning.  First up was a wreath made of coffee filters.  At the Dollar Tree Store I bought one fanoodle and one package of coffee filters.  I had duck tape at home and I already own a glue gun.  I used a William Sanoma ribbon from an old present.  Total cost - $2.00.


 
I will tell you that my wreath has since broken apart.  I would put much more duct tape on next time.  And it looks better in the photos.  Up close it is a little bit too fluffy.  Next up were these coffee mugs.  Writing on dishes is all the rage now.  There are tons of photos on Pinterest about this.  I bought a Sharpie marker and two mugs at the Dollar Tree.  Total cost - $3.00.  After I decided on my quotes and practiced a bit on scratch paper I wrote on the mugs.  Then I baked the mugs for 30 minutes at 350.  Presto.  The mugs were used this morning with no problem.  You can get colored porcelain pens at Michael's and really decorate your tableware.  I love this idea for a wedding gift.  You can do this on plates as well.  Just write on the outer rim of the plate.  

It has been a long time since I had time to craft so I really enjoyed working on these projects.  Now I need to figure out how to get my wreath back together.  Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment