Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chocolate Fondue

When my boys were 2 there was this huge movement in my twins club about hiding vegies in the food. We were all exchanging recipes and buying Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. Every night I was pureeing vegies and storing them in my freezer. After I while I just moved onto something else. Well one of my boys is on a vegie strike. So I pulled out the Deceptively Delicious cookbook and whipped up some Chocolate Fondue this afternoon. All I have to say is yum, yum. Anytime I can eat chocolate is a great day. And I usually eat about 2/3 pieces a day. To be able to justify the chocolate consumption is even better. This fondue has avocado and carrot puree. The photo is of my striker when he was 2 1/2.

Chocolate Fondue

1 tbl margarine
1/2 cup avocado puree
1/4 cup carrot puree
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
dipping items such as fruits and vegies

Melt margarine over low heat. Add in rest of ingredients and whisk until smooth. Serve warm.
Recipe from Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment