Monday, June 9, 2014

This is a log cabin table runner I made for a dear friend.  The pattern I copied was from something I had seen on Pinterest.  But after I started quilting I noticed my log cabin pattern looked a bit different then the sample pattern.  My logs were longer.  I checked and double checked my measurements but I still haven't figured out what went wrong.  The good thing about giving a quilt to a non quilter is they will never know if you made a mistake.
I love the colors of this quilt and have used this material before.  The fabric strips were already cut which made it very easy for me to get started quickly.
 I was also supposed to alternate the color strips more.  I didn't but again unless I told you that you probably wouldn't have known.
The stippling is the part I am most excited about. I saw this on Pinterest as well.  A great tutorial on how to make these flowers. I mapped out the entire thing in a grid on the back with a white pencil.  Then I carefully sewed each curve going up one side and then down the other. I washed the quilt and the white pencil went away.  I have been wanting to try new stippling methods and I was really happy with how this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails