Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Favorite Shirt Re-Invented as a Cardigan


This was one of my favorite shirts.  Then it mysteriously obtained a stain on it that would not come out.  I mean this was a stain like no other.  I really didn't want to part with the shirt so I decided to try turning it into a cardigan.  There are tons of blogs with info on how to do this.  It seems to be all the rage now.  I went to Joann's and bought some Heat and Bond Tape.  I bought two sizes because I wasn't sure what size I wanted to use.  I ended up using the 3/4 inch.  I measured (well not really, I just eyed and pulled it to the center) and pinned the shirt in the center.  I then cut down the middle.  I followed the directions and made two seams on each side.  I thought this is going great.  I am totally loving this.  Then I realized the stain was still visible.  This was a big stain.  So I added some buttons.  The center button is covering the stain.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it was a great learning experience and now I have a nice summer cardigan.  I think I may try this again with some old sweaters or a Goodwill find.  Try it.  No sewing required.

No comments:

Post a Comment