Friday, March 11, 2011

Pesto Sauce

Lately I have been craving fresh basil and tomatoes. And I don't like tomatoes. Hmm. What does this mean.? Tonight we made fresh pesto sauce. I have a pesto recipe that has been in my recipe book since 1999. I don't even remember where it came from. My little chefs love to cook with me and they love to use my super duper mac 5 food processor. They actually know how to use it better then me since they watched the instructional DVD with me.
This recipe calls for white wine which I omitted because I didn't have any. It tasted great with pasta and fresh cut tomatoes. I think this would be good on crusty bread as well.
In a blender, puree all ingredients until thoroughly blended.
2 cups fresh basil
1/2 cup pin nuts, toasted
1 tbl garlic
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black petter

No comments:

Post a Comment