Sunday, March 13, 2011

Outdoor Tray




I love to create. It is a huge part of my life. But I often need to copy an idea I have seen somewhere. My original ideas don't often work out. I am ok with that. But sometimes I have an idea that actually works. And that is the best feeling ever. I really wanted something to put on my outdoor patio. I was browsing in Joann's yesterday when I saw a plain white tray. I had an idea. So I bought it. It ended up being half off so I got if for around $7.00. I ran home and pulled out my scrap booking paper. I cut it to size and then glue it onto the tray. I put some clear laminate over the paper. This is laminating paper that comes on a roll which I cut to size. Then I took the tray outside and added my candles. I am very pleased with how it came out. It took less then 15 minutes to make. The best part was that it was my idea and it actually worked. I don't know if it will become a family heirloom. But it will be nice for this summer and adds just the touch of class I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment