Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More table toppers


This Hanukkah table topper was a gift for my mom. I used the same pattern as the Christmas tree pattern but used dreidel's instead. I had to make my own dreidel pattern.

I used a different Hanukkah fabric on the back. All of this Hanukkah fabric is fabric I received in a trade.

To make the dreidel I had to come up with a way to paper piece it. I checked some patterns on line and finally decided on this one. A bit of trial and error and some minor mistakes and I finally got the dreidel the way I wanted it.

Paper piecing is fun but can be a bit tedious. And if you mess up at the beginning and don't realize until the end you have to start over. Believe me I know this from experience.

I have a packet of paper piecing paper but I know you can use other types of paper. Some people use plain typing paper, tissue paper, or a tear away paper. I left my paper in there since this was not going to be a sleeping quilt and I wanted a little firmness to my finished quilt.
space
Here is another dreidel table topper. This one was from a pattern I ordered on line. For the first time I bought fabric on eBay. I just had to have this Hanukkah fabric as it matched the colors of the dreidels perfectly.

This one was also for my mom. She has a Hanukkah party every year and these will add to her party decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment