Saturday, October 30, 2010

Last Minute Halloween Costume

Halloween is less then 24 hours away and I realized I didn't have a costume yet. I pulled out the costume bin and dug through it. I found this vintage 50's sweater and pink slip. But no poodle skirt. I figured I could whip something up. I found a free poodle pattern at this site. But when I printed it out it was tiny so I ended up having to free hand it. I used a work skirt much to my son's concern. He kept asking me if people would know it was a work skirt. I also had to explain to a 5 year old why I would pin a dog to my skirt. It was a fun conversation.
Some rinse stones and silver ribbon and it was complete. Not an authentic poodle skirt but it will do. I will wear white sneakers with white socks and put my hair in a pony tail. The kids may not get it but I hope the adults will find it cute. Happy trick or treating.

No comments:

Post a Comment