Friday, July 9, 2010

Focaccia

Now that the tea party is over I have had time for lots of other fun stuff. My sister-in-law gave me a huge bag of cooking magazines. I found so many recipes to keep me busy. I told the boys they had to try each new thing I cooked and they could rate the dish. So far I have been pretty successful. Tonight I made pasta with Focaccia bread. I love Focaccia bread. But it always seemed too complicated to make at home. This recipe uses pizza dough. It was so easy to make and yummy.

Onion-Herb Focaccia Bread
On a floured surface roll out 1 pound of refrigerated pizza dough into a 10-15 inch rectangle. Press into an oiled rimmed baking sheet. Mix 3/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbl chopped rosemary and/or oregano (I used dried oregano), and a big pinch of sea salt (I used more then a pinch). Brush half of the herb oil over the dough, then set aside until puffy, about 1 hour. Make dimples in the dough with your fingers and top with onion slices and shaved Parmesan. Bake at 400 until golden, about 20 minutes. Brush with remaining herb oil.

Oh and I have been quilting again. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment