Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spritz Sugar Cookies

Yesterday one of the boys was home sick. To take advantage of the unexpected free time I decided to make sugar cookies using my cookie press. I did two new things this time. I substituted almond extract for the vanilla. And I dipped half of the cookies in chocolate. Sugar cookies freeze well so these went straight in to the frozen tea party stash.
Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter (or 2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Cream butter and sugar, add egg and vanilla. Then add dry ingredients. Fill cookies press and place rest of dough in fridge. Refrigerate your pans before you press the cookies onto them. This is a new trick that I just discovered that works well. I also use tin foil on my pans. It makes for easy clean up and the cookies don't stick.
Cook at 375 for 10/12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment