Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Buckeyes

Hello Buckeyes. These are scrumptious little peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. Yummy.
This is what happens when you have leftover chocolate.
Buckeyes
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar (that is one entire box)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used the baking chocolate found at craft stores)
Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Beat the peanut butter, butter, and sugar with a mixer until well combined. This takes a while and watch out for flying powered sugar. I draped a towel over my mixer to protect my kitchen. Roll 1 inch balls and place them on the baking sheet. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. I put mine in the fridge for about 45 minutes and it worked just fine. Microwave your chocolate. Pierce each ball with a toothpick and dip in the chocolate. Place on waxed paper. Chill in fridge for 45 minutes until set. Serve and eat. I plan to freeze mine for the tea party. Note: The balls will have an ugly whole in the top where the toothpick was. I couldn't figure out another way to dip them to avoid the tiny hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment