Monday, March 22, 2010

Orchids

When we moved into our house over 1 and 1/2 years ago a good friend gave me an orchid plant from Trader Joes. It had one flower which was beautiful and then promptly dropped off and I was left with just a plant. I watered the plant regularly, sometimes with run off water from when I made broccoli or spinach. Then last month the plant began to bloom and bloom. I now have 10 orchid flowers on this little treasure. It is so beautiful. I love orchids. I visit the orchid green house every time we go to our local arboretum.
To have my own little orchid plant, from Trader Joe's no less, in my kitchen to look at every day is such a joy. And there are still unopened buds. So there will be more flowers. The stem has become so heavy that I have to lean it on another plant for support. I just had to share as I don't know how long I will have the company of these amazing flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment