Monday, November 2, 2009

Grandma's Quilt

This quilt was made for Grandma E. It is the first quilt I made for someone else. It was made using a Moda charm pack entitled Aviary by 3 Sisters. The boarder, binding, and backing were purchased at Joann's. The pattern was from the Moda Bakeshop called Clara's Quilt by Angie Davy http://http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/claras-quilt.html. This was the first time that I stippled a quilt. The pictures did not come out that well but you can see I used a free hand pattern similar to the puzzle pattern. I really enjoy making this and loved how the stippling came out. The quilt has such an antique feel and look to it. I loved running my hands over the quilt feeling the waves from the stippling.
I used an iron on quilt label that I hand colored with fabric markers.
I finished this quilt last month but had to wait to post about it until I presented it to Grandma E. She was delighted with it. I am very proud of this quilt. It was a great first quilt to give away. And check out those mitered corners on the binding!

No comments:

Post a Comment