Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ahh quilting again.

This past week was so busy I barely had time to sit down at my sewing machine. I felt like I wasn't breathing. Quilting is such a part of my life then when I go too long without it I feel like I am missing air. So today I made sure to schedule some time in. The new quilt I am working on is so pretty that I may just have to keep it for myself. It is coming together very nicely and I am hoping I have the base put together before hubby gets home so I can take it to the fabric store to pick out the border and backing.
I recently purchases a Criciut. I have been coveting this machine for over a year. Every time the infomercial came on I watched it. Even the kids knew what the Cricut was. I am not a scrapbooker so I was having a hard time justifying the purchase. I tried out the Cricut at a friends home and even thought I loved it and it was so much fun to use I just couldn't figure out why I actually needed one. Then it went on sale. And the sale was too good to pass up. So I bought one. I cleared out a shelf in my craft closet and there it sits. I wasn't sure when or for what I would use it next. The other night I saw the infomercial was on and thought I would watch it to get some ideas. Well when I flicked to the channel I couldn't believe my eyes. They were cutting fabric appliques with it. Fabric!! For a Quilt! I never knew the Cricut could do that. Now my purchase is justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment